As this year (and the decade) comes to an end, I just wanted to give a quick roundup of my year. This year has been a big one for me, with some quite big life events! It hasn’t always been the easiest year but I’ve achieved so much that I am so proud of. I’m also going to share my personal favourite films, TV shows and albums of the year. Although, I’d just like to say, that as this is the time of year where everyone posts their achievements, you should always be proud of yourself for your achievements, even if you only managed to survive the year. That in itself is something to be proud of and you should always remember that life isn’t a race and you shouldn’t compare yourself and your life to others. We will all get to where we need to in the end and we should just enjoy our own personal journey.
So here’s a quick summary of what I’ve been up to this year:
- I reached the big 21 this year– although this didn’t really feel any different than being 20, it still felt like a big birthday to reach!
- I passed my driving test– if you’ve seen my blog post regarding my experience with driving then you’ll know how big an achievement this felt for me. I struggled with being overly nervous and lacking confidence in myself and thinking I’d never be able to drive but then there I was, passing on my first go! Although I can’t afford a car yet, I’m looking forward to the day I’ll be able to buy my own car.
- I climbed up the O2– I got given this experience as a 21st birthday present as it’s something I had been wanting to do for a while. I’ll admit I was terrified as I’m scared of heights, but I’m really glad I did it as I overcame my fear and got some amazing views of London.
- I moved flats into my first non-student accommodation– although I had been living with my boyfriend in our last place too, it felt very official to live in a proper flat that was ours full time and that we’re living in long-term.
- I visited lots of new countries– with trips to Berlin, Rome, Kuala Lumpur and Seoul. Getting to go to Asian countries for 3 weeks with my boyfriend and his family was an absolutely amazing experience that I’m so thankful for. I got to try lots of new food and see so many beautiful sights and spend qualiy time with my mum, my friend and my boyfriend and his family.
- I graduated from university! University was hard and there were so many times that I thought I wouldn’t be able to last the whole degree, let alone get a good grade at the end of it but I did it and I am so proud of myself for that. I’ll never forget all the great people that I met and memories that I made there too.
- I started my blog– I’d wanted to start a blog for quite some time and I’ll admit the past couple of months I haven’t really had the time or the energy for any more posts, but it is something I’m really glad I started because I love writing and creating content and I can’t wait to publish a lot of the posts I’ve been working on in the new year.
- I got my first job after univeristy– it’s official that I am a working adult now. It was incredibly daunting applying for jobs and then finally starting full time employment after being in education for so long, however, it’s very rewarding making my own money, learning new skills and I’ve met so many lovely people. I’m looking forward to seeing where this takes me in the future.
My top film picks of 2019:
- Avengers: End Game
- John Wick: Chapter 3- Parabellum
- Captain Marvel
- Toy Story 4
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
My top TV show picks of 2019:
- Russian Doll (S1)
- Modern Love (S1)
- Love, Death & Robots (S1)
- Dead To Me (S1)
- Line of Duty (S5)
- Sex Education (S1)
- You (S2)
- Jane The Virgin (S5)
- The Good Place (S4)
My top album picks of 2019:
- Bring Me the Horizon- Amo
- PVRIS- Hallucinations (EP)
- Sleeping With Sirens- How It Feels To Be Lost
- Of Mice & Men- EARTHANDSKY
- Slipknot- We Are Not Your Kind
- Billie Eilish- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
Overall, this has been a very eventful year, that has been full of great memories and achievements. It’s crazy to think how much has changed from the start of this year, let alone to the beginning of the decade. 10 years ago I was just an 11 year old with no clue where they’d be in 5 years, yet alone 10 years time. Life is unexpected and difficult but the good times make it all worth it, especially when you have the right people by your side.
I hope that you all had a great 2019, or at least some good moments through the bad. If not, I wish you all a much better 2020 filled with happiness. How was your year? What films/TV/music did you enjoy this year?